Inuvo IntentKey Gambling and Lotteries Advertising Policy
Gambling and lotteries
As an advertiser, it is your responsibility to comply with all applicable local and national regulations. Inuvo and its partners policies on gambling advertising differs by country and region, currently only advertisements for compliant US and Canadian gambling are accepted. Inuvo and its partners can refuse an ad or make exceptions to the policy even if an ad complies with the policies.. These polices apply to all forms of currency including real and virtual currency.
Markets that permit online gambling advertising
In certain markets, Inuvo and its partners allow advertising for websites that promote or facilitate online gambling, accept wagers, or require payment in exchange for the chance to win prizes provided advertisers comply with the following restrictions.
- Advertisers must comply with all applicable regulations including licensing and/or registration requirements in each market where their content is serving.
- Geo-targeting and age targeting 18+ are required.
- Proof of eligibility/license is required.
- Advertisers promoting aggregated content for third-party gambling services (providing links to the websites) must ensure that their partners comply with all policies and regulations.
- Sites must not accept or procure bets from residents of countries where online gambling is disallowed, such as Colombia or India, for example.
- Advertising for websites that promote or facilitate, directly or indirectly, online gambling or wagering is allowed only in the countries set forth herein with strict adherence to local laws.
Online gambling sites include:
- Sites that accept wagers or require payment in exchange for the chance to win prizes, as well as sites that offer both information and links related primarily to the promotion of online gambling.
- Any content that facilitates, promotes, or is affiliated in any way with online gambling or wagering of any type.
- Websites that contain links that direct site visitors to prohibited gambling content, regardless of the location of the links or whether the offer originates in a geographic region where gambling is legal. In other words, it must be impossible for a site visitor to navigate from your website to any prohibited gambling or wagering content.
- Educational, “learn to play”, “practice” and other free simulation sites, including .net sites that are affiliated with an online gambling site.
- Games of chance, gaming & casino games and spread betting.
Other gaming content
- Offline gambling/brick-and-mortar casinos: Advertising for sites promoting offline gambling, establishments, or events in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations are allowed unless otherwise noted. Ads must not (1) glamorize gambling, (2) falsely or unfairly raise hopes and expectations of winning or (3) link to online gambling sites.
- Lotteries: Advertising for government run lotteries in accordance with local, state and federal laws and regulations is allowed unless otherwise noted.
- Free social games and unpaid games of chance: Free social games and unpaid games of chance or contests that are not categorized as gambling are allowed unless otherwise noted.
Responsible gaming messaging
- Advertising must not misrepresent or glorify the benefits of gambling or encourage people to play beyond their means.
- Advertising may not imply or suggest that gambling is a viable alternative to employment or financial investments, a way to recover from financial losses, or that skills may affect the outcome of a game of chances.
- Information on the odds of winning and prize amounts must be described accurately and must not be misrepresented. Advertisers may not present winning as the most probable outcome of the game, nor misrepresent a person’s chance of winning a prize.
- Targeting minors is not allowed. Advertising must not be directed toward individuals under the applicable minimum age to participate in online gambling or served in a context where it is highly likely it will be displayed to such individuals. This includes, but it is not limited to, the use of language, themes, expressions, graphic resources, audio or visual elements that may appeal to underage individuals or using individuals who are or appear to be underage in promotional content or on the website.
Disallowed gambling content
Advertisers who are not authorized to serve gambling ads in a targeted market, or are targeting a market where gambling is not allowed cannot promote any of the gambling content mentioned in the policy above or otherwise link to gambling content.
Inuvo IntentKey Alcohol Advertising Policy
Advertising must comply with all applicable laws, regulations, and other standard industry requirements applicable to the promotion of alcohol to the public, including required notices, warnings, and disclaimers.
Responsible drinking messaging
- Advertising must contain proper health warnings and responsible drinking messaging, such as “drink responsibly,” “do not drink and drive,” etc.
- Advertising cannot:
- Glorify or incite the consumption of alcohol, encourage excessive consumption, or discourage abstinence or moderation.
- Be directed toward individuals under the applicable minimum drinking age, or served in a context where it is highly likely it will be displayed to such individuals. This includes, but it is not limited to, the use of language, themes, expressions, graphic resources, audio or visual elements that may appeal to underage individuals, or using individuals who are or appear to be underage in promotional content or on the website.
- State that alcohol has therapeutic properties, that it is a stimulant, that it is a sedative, or that it can help resolve conflict.
- Link consumption of alcohol to enhanced performance such as physical performance or driving.
- Place the emphasis on high alcohol content as a positive quality of the beverage.
- Give the impression that alcohol is essential to or contributes to business, social, academic, or athletic success or acceptance.
All required disclaimers, age gating mechanisms and responsible drinking and health warnings must be present either in the ad copy or the landing page.